LIFETIME CARE PROGRAM
LIFETIME CARE PROGRAM (S+C)
The Lifetime Care Program is a federally funded, permanent housing program designed to link rental assistance with supportive services for hard to serve homeless individuals with disabilities. Participants must be homeless, dually diagnosed, sponsored by a supportive service agency, and maintain supportive services throughout their entire time in the program. HUD subsidizes units, and pays the rent directly to the landlords.
DC Doors is currently the sponsoring entity for 4 adults and 3 children. This service is staffed voluntarily by the organization. DC Doors is not accepting applications for the Lifetime Care program. Currently, there are no vacancies in this program.
As a sponsoring agency, DC Doors has four primary responsibilities:
- ● To monitor the client’s progress in the program and their living conditions
- ● To develop and maintain relationships with property owners and managers who provide the housing component of this program.
- ● To comply with monthly and annual reporting requirements to The Community Partnership for the Prevention of Homelessness (TCP).
- ● To maintain a relationship with and monitors client’s interactions with their Core Service Agency (CSA) - a community organization that provides comprehensive services to consumers with intensive needs.
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Compliance with the Lifetime Care Program eligibility requirements is mandatory to ensure that candidates receive a fair opportunity to secure housing placement The following is a list of requirements for housing consideration:
- ● Candidates must be homeless within the District of Columbia at time of application.
- ● Candidates must be registered with a supportive services agency at the time of application.
- ● Candidates must have a diagnosis of one or a combination of the following disabilities i.e., serious mental illness (bipolar disorder, major depression, or schizophrenia), chronic alcohol/drug use, HIV/AIDS.
- ● Candidates must be (18) years of age or older.
ADHERENCE TO SUPPORTIVE SERVICES
It is mandatory for each candidate to adhere to the Lifetime Care Program’s Supportive Services Agreement. Failure to comply with the conditions of the Supportive Services Agreement will result in termination from Lifetime Care Program.
Supportive services may include but are not limited to
- ● Outreach
- ● Case management
- ● Life skills (outside of case management)
- ● Alcohol / substance abuse services
- ● Mental health services
- ● HIV/AIDS related services
- ● Other health care services
- ● Financial management
- ● Education assistance
- ● Employment assistance
- ● Child care
- ● Transportation